I got nowhere nearer the Truth :




To,


All Members,



Sri Ramana Maharshi: ~~~~ From: Guru Ramana: II-XI.

Q.: I am a beginner in meditation. 
I pray Bhagavan to guide me. 
You exhort us to go on enquiring “Who am I?” 
May I know where it will lead me?


M.: It is not mere asking; you must go into the meaning of it.
Many meditate on certain centres in the body till they merge in them, 
but sooner or later they will have to enquire into their own nature, 
which is unavoidable.
Then why not straightaway concentrate on 
yourself till you merge in its source?


Q.: Yes, 
for twenty years I have been concentrating on certain
chakras and have been seeing things and hearing sounds,
but I got nowhere nearer the Truth. 
Now shall I go on asking “Who am I?” as soon 
as a thought arises in my mind?


M.: Quite so. 
So long as you are not disturbed by outside thoughts dwell on its meaning.
The aim is to reach the root of the ‘I’-sense, 
through constant suppression of the mental processes...


Q-Question by a devotee

M-Ramana Maharishi



Ramana Maharshi :


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Aim of Human Existence – Post - 9 : Swami Krishnananda.

The Call of Sri Krishna: The Gospel of Super Excellence - 6 : Swami Krishnananda

The story of Deerga Tapasi who had two sons, Punya and Papa :